Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bitter Sweet Release

So I got a phone call yesterday from the Bishop asking me if I could come see him before church on Sunday. I agreed, of course. When I hung up the phone I was immediately sad and depressed. I knew that I would be getting a new calling. I have been secretary in the young women organization for over a year now and have absolutely loved every second of it. This calling has been my most favorite calling that I have ever had, EVER! The other women that I have been able to work with in this presidency have taught me so much and it has been so rewarding and just plain awesome to work with them. We worked together as a presidency in a way that I have never experienced before. It was truly an amazing experience that I will NEVER forget.

So after the initial shock that I was going to be released, I began thinking about what callings needed to be filled. There was no secretary in Relief Society and the compassionate service leader is moving next week. Both of those options scared me and I was not excited about either. A few hours later, a friend of mine in the ward called me and said she needed to apologize to me in advance for something she had done. I said, "What?" She said she ran into my mother-in-law at Walmart and was talking to her. She asked my mother-in-law if she had talked to me because I was getting a new calling in primary and she would be working with me. I immediately said, "Cindy! I don't even know about my new calling!" She was so embarrassed and I was somewhat relieved that I wouldn't be serving in either of the callings I mentioned before. It was pretty funny! I was glad to know so I could let the idea sink in for at least a day.

And the new calling is.....(drum roll) 1st Counselor in the primary. I haven't been able to get excited about it yet because I'm still mourning my loss. It is quite funny though. I served as 2nd counselor in the primary a few years ago. I was released very unexpectedly and cried my eye balls out about it. I have been through a few other callings since and am now crying my eye balls about my most recent release. I know that I will enjoy it, I just need some more time to mourn.

The Lord is stretching me. I guess I'll see where it takes me! :)

1 comment:

Sticks and Stones said...

that was one of my all-time favorite callings. (1st couns, in Primary.)So fun! you will be fabulous and will be back into YW before you know it!