Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Clutter Magnet

My room is the clutter magnet. All things that I don't know what to do with end up in a pile in my room. It has gotten so out of control that I hate to even go in my room anymore. It is overwhelming.

My bestest friend, Crystal, came over last week to help me tackle it. You know she is a good friend if I even let her see what it looks like in my room. She has an amazing talent at organizing "things" and figuring out how to best utilize space. I am happy to say that my room is now an organized haven. There is a place for everything and I no longer feel overwhelmed when I walk in. I wish I had taken before and after photos but I didn't think about it until it was too late. The difference is magnificent!

Thank you Crystal!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

The same thing always happens to my room as well. I need your friend Crystal to come over to my place! To be honest it is much better now that I have a bigger home. That is what the basement is for now. :)

The Richardsons said...

I can totally relate! I need to find a friend to help me!:) What were some things that that worked?Maybe I could try them!
-Jenny

Sticks and Stones said...

yes! please share her ideas, my room is the worst room in the house! i need a "crystal".

The Turley Family said...

Seriously I doubt any of your rooms are as bad as mine was. The main thing that we did was got rid of a ton of stuff. We went through all of the clothes, shoes, etc. and got rid of like 10 bags of stuff. No joke. Steve had clothes from high school still. Yikes!
Getting rid of all that stuff left a ton of space to organize what was left.
Plastic containers have become my friend. The ones with the sliding doors are great for scrapbook stuff, paper, office supplies, etc. All of that stuff is now in my closet so my bedroom now really looks like a bedroom.
I have now moved on to the kids room. I'm taking it one room at a time. My friend suggested that I do it that way and not move on until I am completely happy with the way one room looks. I can say that I am completely happy with my room, so I moved on. It took me a whole week to work on it but now I am so happy to walk into my clean and organized bedroom. It was definetly worth the work!