Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crazy Days

I woke up this morning and the day began.
Got up, got Katelyn out of bed, changed her diaper and clothes, fed her breakfast and then...
Daniel was crying.
I got Daniel up, changed his diaper and clothes, fed him and then...
Pumped some breast milk, ate breakfast and then...
Daniel was crying again so I tried to feed him more, rocked him, patted his bum, patted his back, bounced him up and down until he finally fell asleep and then...
I took a shower, brushed Katelyn's teeth and did her hair, got dressed and then...
Daniel was crying again.
I tried to console the poor soul and put him down to finish getting ready for the day. Blow dried my hair and then...
Daniel was crying again.
Fed Daniel, did my makeup and then... (you'll never guess)
Daniel was crying again.
I gave him gas medicine, patted his bum, rocked him, held him and put him in his bouncer so I could make lunch.
I made lunch, fed Katelyn, fed myself (I've gotten some descent nutrition today), and while feeding myself...
Daniel was crying again.
Picked him up, set him on my lap, bounced my leg up and down and stuffed my face as fast as I could and then...
Daniel was crying once again.
I fed Daniel rocked him, patted his bum, stood up and bounced around, stuck the pacifier in his mouth about 10 times and then...
Daniel went to sleep....
For a time anyway.
Read Katelyn stories, sang her songs, put her in bed and then...
Daniel was crying again.
Got Daniel up, fed him, rocked him, changed a poppy diaper (finally!) and then...
Daniel was happy for a time.
Did the dishes, cleaned the counters, swept the floor, finished the laundry and then...
Daniel was crying again.
Picked him up, rocked him, swaddled him in my arms and tried not to scream, prayed for patience and then...
Daniel went to sleep where he now rests in his bed.
Until the next screaming episode I say farewell.

2 comments:

Amber said...

This made me smile...probably because it was not me going through it, but mostly because I have been there. Those are hard days. But as I write this I look at the picture of you kissing Daniel and his sweet smile and think....Oh so worth it!

Anonymous said...

I copy ambers remarks. How hard it is and how worth it, it is.