Monday, November 3, 2008

Memories

It's November! That time of the year when the leaves fall and dance on the sidewalk. The wind blows and every shade of yellow, orange and red vibrantly fill the world around us. The year comes and goes and suddenly it is almost a new year all over again. The holiday season is around the corner where so many memories reside. Memories of the smell of pumpkin and apple crumb pie baking the night before Thanksgiving. Memories of trying to arrange enough table space and chairs for all of the family that will be stuffing themselves until they feel like they are going to explode. Memories of family. Games and songs and movie nights. Memories that no one could ever take away because of how they live inside me. The cranberry sauce that mom made each year that I hated. The mashed potatoes overflowing with gravy that I couldn't get enough of. And the homemade rolls. Yum yum! Somehow I can never get my rolls to turn out the same way mom did and still does. All of these memories and home where my parents reside is so far away and I will be so far from them on Thanksgiving day. I now have a family of my own and I get to begin to make new memories with them. I can only hope that they will someday look back on these times and think of them the same way I do now. As my oldest gets older (she's only 2) all of these little things become so exciting all over again because she is experiencing them for the first time. It makes me think back to when I was a kid and experienced these things and how exciting this time of year was. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and then New Years! Halloween this year was so much fun for me. I dressed Katelyn up in a little homemade bunny costume with a little cotton ball tail and she ran from house to house so absolutely amazed at the fact that people were putting candy in her little bag. She was with her little friend Porter, and she kept saying, "Come on Porter. Run Porter!" It was the absolute cutest thing ever. Pushing the stroller behind her with my little Charlie Brown in tow. It is during these moments and times that it is so absolutely rewarding and just plain FUN to be a mom. I love it! Making memories with my little squirts. They mean the world to me.
This is a picture of Katelyn with her good friend Porter and his little sister Ivy. Ivy and Daniel were born one day apart. Porter was Dwight Schrutt from "The Office." So cute!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love this entry. I love this time of year. As soon as I get over the fact that it is no longer summer with the hot/warm weather, I begin to enjoy this time of year. So many good feelings and memories. It does make me homesick for my family though.

Anonymous said...

Man you guys!!!You make me cry to read your blog and comments. It means so much to me to know that you have such fond memories growing up. I wanted you to feel that way after you grew up and had your own families and now it is reality. Thank you. I love you kids!!!!!!!!!! I have 11 of the cutest grandkids in the world!

Anonymous said...

I love them a bit older still wearing a onesie, so easy to unsnap, pull ups pushed aside and get real close up pics of the hairless, puffy pu--y, switch to video and start rubbing it, watch her kick and giggle as she feels her orgasm starting to build, then lick it and she push's her lil c--t hard into my face as she comes, awesome video to jerk off to later and if anybody comes just quickly snap her onesie up and nobody knows, I have lots of my nieces with me licking their juicy lil baby c--ts, still jerk off watching them but know the nieces are wearing knicks so I take them, sniff and lick then come in them, 3 5 and 8 their pu--y's smell fantastic, the 3yr old sometimes pees a bit in hers I love sucking her pee out of her knicks