Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Copy Cat

Oh boy do I have a toddler on my hands! Each day she is saying new words, phrases, sentences and repeating things that I didn't even realize that I say. Ahhhh!
Some examples follow...
"Dang it!"
"Be patient mom?"
"Spank your butt?"
I have to explain this one. I promise I don't abuse my children. I say that as a joke many times. I say, "I'm going to spank your butt." with a smile on my face when I am teasing Katelyn. I am trying to replace the word butt with bum or botty. Oh dear, what kind of a momma am I?
"Just a minute."
"Stay right there mommy."
"Go take a nap."
She has ordered me to go take a nap before. It was quite hilarious. I told her that I would absolutely love to do just that.
"You go in time out!"
"Good morning buger bug!" (refering to Daniel)
"Daddy's at work." (yes, yes, daddy's always at work.)
"Don't scratch your head Danel."
"Okay?"
A little smarty pants! Gotta love her for it though!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We say "butt" at our house. I tried "bum," but inevitably the kids hear and say "butt" and I just feel like how hard am I really going to try to get them to say "bum" instead. "Booty" (as in "shake your booty") is banned. I know a lot of people in the South say it, but I have a personal aversion. So there.

You are a great mom!!! Go take a nap.

Anonymous said...

I'm calling CPS.

Ernesto