I was reading in the Pearl of Great Price today and Enoch was talking with God and seeing visions of what was going to happen to the world and the people on it because of their wickedness. It made me think of what a tiny portion this life is compared to the eternities that are ahead. One small little piece in a huge expansion of forever. The little things in this life that seem so hard and so unbearable will not be here long. We have the eternities to look forward to. What we do in this life will determine where we will be throughout all the eternities. A small piece and yet it is so important to live righteously and make good and righteous choices each day. The small things now will make all the difference in the eternities. So I see this day and all that I may do and think and feel throughout the day does matter. I will be held accountable. And when I falter I can look to my Savior who will lift me up and help me to be better. I know I cannot do it on my own but with him anything is possible!
Monday, October 20, 2008
A Small Piece
I was reading in the Pearl of Great Price today and Enoch was talking with God and seeing visions of what was going to happen to the world and the people on it because of their wickedness. It made me think of what a tiny portion this life is compared to the eternities that are ahead. One small little piece in a huge expansion of forever. The little things in this life that seem so hard and so unbearable will not be here long. We have the eternities to look forward to. What we do in this life will determine where we will be throughout all the eternities. A small piece and yet it is so important to live righteously and make good and righteous choices each day. The small things now will make all the difference in the eternities. So I see this day and all that I may do and think and feel throughout the day does matter. I will be held accountable. And when I falter I can look to my Savior who will lift me up and help me to be better. I know I cannot do it on my own but with him anything is possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment