So it's been a while since I last posted on my blog. I have been on a coupon craze getting magnificent deals and let me tell ya, it is addicting! CVS, Walgreen, Kroger, K-mart - you name it, I have been there in the last few weeks getting swingin' deals on products I use anyway. I started getting the Sunday paper delivered to my house. I clip out the coupons and wait for items to go on sale, use the coupons and end up paying a fraction of the cost I would normally pay for something I would have bought anyway. In some cases, I try out new products because the deal is so good. I have gotten free toothpaste, shampoo, tylenol and so much more. It is awesome and so much fun. It is a like a game to see how much money you can save. Just to brag I am going to list a few of the items and the prices I paid for them:
4 Rolls Toilet paper - .19
Colgate Total Toothpaste - Free
Large Bottle Palmolive Dish soap- .79
Pantene Shampoo - $1 a bottle
32 Count Tylenol - Free
10 Boxes of Cereal - $11 (I get a $10 rebate in the mail making the final cost for 10 boxes $1)
Mitchum Deodarant - $1
6 SoyJoy Bars - Free
Progresso Soup - .75 a can
Cheese crackers -2 Boxes for $1
etc...
Needless to say, it can be very addicting and it does take some time, especially when you are just getting started. It is worth it to me right now though. One of my resolutions this year is to complete my year's supply. I am determined to do just that and on a budget!
If anyone reading this out there wants a little advice, I would be happy to share my new found knowledge. There are so many ways to save money. Online forums, online coupons, etc. etc. etc. I never thought I would be the one at a store with all the coupons. You know when you get behind the person who has a million coupons and they are rummaging through their file to find all the right ones? Well, I have mine organized in a notebook and each one placed in a plastic sleeve. I use the plastic sleeves that you store baseball cards in and then categorize the coupons so they are easily accessible.
Obsessive? A bit. But mostly just smart.
p.s. I don't take the credit for any of these ideas. I've had several friends help me out and I am still learning. Any advice for me would be gladly accepted!
3 comments:
Ok, I am thinking I might start up on the coupons again after seeing all those deals. We'll see.
Do you use a certain coupon website? I use couponmom.com. We get 5 newspapers every week and our pantry is getting FULL. Today I got 5 boxes of rice Krispies for a total of $1.25. Your cereal deal sounds better though!!!
If you haven't seen couponmom, check it out. Also, if you print out coupons online, consider using www.grocerysmarts.com to get there. It is my brother in law's business!
So cool! Thise are great deals. I use www.pinchingyourpennies.com. If yo go to the "State Forums", you can see which stores in your area are having great deals and it has links to coupons to print and use on top of that for even better deals.
-Jenny
Post a Comment