Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shopper's Success!!

Okay so I am so proud at my grocery shopping "skills" (as Napoleon Dynamite might call it) that I had to post my shopping trip here. I thought this might be something fun to look back on. I few hours of my time saved me $70 in groceries. That is $35 an hour. Not bad I must say. I bought $100 worth of groceries today for only $30. That is a 70% savings. Here is what I bought and how much I paid for it:

2 Betty Crocker Warm Delight Brownies (both free)
1 Cascadian Farm Clifford Cereal ($1.49)
1 Box Trix Cereal ($.44)
1 Box Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal ($.99)
2 Nature Valley Trail Mix Granola Bars ($.74 each)
3 Boxes Hamburger Helper ($.39 each)
4 Bags Quaker Rice Cakes ($.49 each)
1 Macaroni Grill Dinner Kit ($.99)
3 Wanchai Ferry Dinner Kits ($1.99 each)
2 6 pack Yoplait Yogurts ($.60 each)
1 Box Fiber One Bars ($.59)
2 Nature Valley Granola Clusters (both free)
2 Betty Crocker Frosting ($.25 each)
2 can Refried Beans ($.59 each)
2 4 packs of Fiber One Yogurst (both free)
2 Propel Berry Drinks (both free)
1 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (free)
1 loaf bread ($2)
1 Gallon Milk ($3.55)
1 Bag of bagels ($2.50)

All of that plus tax came to $30.04. Sweet shopping!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's amazing! I wish I had your "skills". :)

Christina said...

I can't believe it - how do you do it. I have been trying for years and can't seem to figure it out.
You definately have the shopping skills!