I was just looking over my budget for the last several months and couldn't believe how many things have broken or have needed to be fixed in the past 5 months or so. As I have pondered on this, it seems very clear to me that the Lord has blessed us tremendously over the past several years of our marriage by not having any of these things go wrong until now. Steve got a moonlighting job this year and has brought in a better income that has allowed us to take care of these things without having to go further in debt. Frustrating that so many things have broken? Yes, but I really see it as the Lord opening the windows of heaven and pouring out a blessing to us that we are in a better place financially and have been able to pay for these things. The Lord is aware and He has blessed us for so long with everything that we need and so much more. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about I'll list the things below:
* In the beginning of the spring we had our chimney worked on. We had a massive bird nest stuffed completely inside and birds living in there. It was very crazy and the repair man took a picture of it because he had never seen anything like it.
* May brought an ER visit for Daniel that also brought along with it many doctor bills that had to be paid in the coming months.
* In May our television completely quit working. We were blessed to be able to go to Best Buy and buy ourselves a new one. Nothing fancy mind you. :)
* In June we had to pay to get our roof repaired on our shed because the wood rooted away along with a few other outside repairs.
* In July our air conditioning system broke and after much contemplation we decided to get a whole new unit seeing that it was 20 years old and are said to only last about 12 years. Since we will be selling next summer we decided a new unit would be a good idea.
* In August leading us to our current month, Steve's little '91 CRX broke down leading us to put a down payment on a new car. We had hoped his little car would last until we moved to Utah but we weren't so lucky.
As you can see, each month it has gotten a little worse and worse but hey, we have survived and I truly feel blessed! And that's my story.
3 comments:
I am so glad you can look at it that way. Those are some costly expenses!
I agree, you are a good example. I would have wrote a post complaining. Where do you get all your coupons? I need to start doing that.
I want more pictures!!! :) When you get a spare moment...haha. :)
Post a Comment